With dual 15" woofers.....
I have never seen an Altec like this....anyone know?
Good price, thought I'd check with you guys.
![]()
With dual 15" woofers.....
I have never seen an Altec like this....anyone know?
Good price, thought I'd check with you guys.
![]()
Thanks for the post and pic. Yours looks much more refined...nice cabinetry.
I don't think Altec ever made a cab with the screw on legs like the one in the ad....I guess it could still have Altec speakers inside.....
Looking around the web has not turned up anything either.
Got more details, pictures? At a glance, it looks like one of those Japanese customs.
GM
Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.

The only Altec I can think of at the moment with legs like that is the laguna.
http://www.hifilit.com/hifilit/Altec/1959-h.jpg
Or Corona since it has a flat grill, straight top plate: http://www.hifilit.com/hifilit/Altec/1957-j.jpg
After a closer look, I'm thinking it's a Corona with the grill cloth wrapped around the major portion of its full height legs. Need to either know what's on its build tag or its dims and what's loaded in it to be sure. Altec did so many variations on a theme to suit their customers that it's hard to know what's what sometimes.
GM
Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.
Bookmarks